Illinois Continuing Education COURSE
Core A: Fair Housing, Agency, License Law, and Escrow
Agency, fair housing, license law, and escrow are all issues central to building a strong working relationship with customers and clients. What’s more, they’re all vital to a successful transaction. From completing ministerial acts for customers to the proper use of unlicensed personal assistants to correctly handling escrow funds, real estate professionals must have a very clear understanding of their duties and obligations, as well as of corresponding federal and state guidelines.
This three-hour course explores a wide variety of crucial topics that real estate professionals are likely to come across in their day-to-day business dealings.
Course highlights include:
- A discussion of agency issues, including legislative intent, agency relationships, dual and designated agency, and minimum service requirements
- An overview of federal and state fair housing guidelines
- Strategies to avoid discriminatory language in your advertisements
- Red flag discriminatory behaviors to watch for in others
- A review of how proper and thorough recordkeeping can protect you against allegations of discrimination
- A review of recent amendments to the Illinois Real Estate License Act of 2000
- An analysis of disciplinary actions and causes both related and unrelated to escrow
- Guidelines for handling, depositing, maintaining, and disbursing escrow funds
- Activities and examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context